My short list of must-have emotes, with animations, for MMOGs:
1. /shrug — faster than typing “I dunno”, shorthand for “how the hell would I know how to get out of this dungeon?”
2. /sigh — the best way to express disappointment with that recent raid wipe that could have been avoided if only people would listen to your instructions.
3. /golfclap — sarcastic clapping. So rude, I love it.
4. /spit — some people don’t like spit, I do. I save this for mobs and mob corpses tho; I don’t use it in PvP. That’s minor league shit.
5. /point — subtle means of pointing out the guild scapegoat. “Who the hell pulled all that???” /point
Bonus emotes (nice to haves) … the bodily function emotes: your /burps, /farts, /coughs and /sneezes, but only if the sneeze blasts snot on other players.
I’d also like to have a /noogie, /wedgie and /headbutt (with animations!), but I doubt we’ll see those any time soon.