The WoW Patch 2.3 Leveling Changes

October 8, 2007 by at 5:09 pm • Filed Under Etc.
Tags: , , , ,

Nethaera, Blizzard poster, announced the “Leveling Improvements for Patch 2.3” today on the World of Warcraft forums.

Summarized and clipped:

The first notable change was to simply reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60. Please note that when the patch is released, characters affected by this change will remain at their current level percentage.

Experience gained for completing quests (on average) between levels 30 and 60 is being increased. The increase becomes more substantial as you make your way towards 60. Additionally, many outdoor elite mobs will become non-elites …

We’ve also added approximately 60 new quests in Dustwallow Marsh. This should help players who find themselves lacking quests in the 30-40 range. The Steamwheedle Cartel is building the new town of Mudsprocket in south-west Dustwallow Marsh, so you’ll have to wait until construction is complete to learn more about these changes.

The level range for most every dungeon is being adjusted so that there is a much smaller range between the level of mobs found early in the dungeon to those found towards the end.

… we’re also upgrading all pre-bc dungeon boss drops to blue quality items.

Faster leveling and more experience is good. Not as easy as buying a character or inheriting one from a retiring player, but there’s something to be said for playing it straight.

(Ya, I went there.)

Comments

13 Responses to “The WoW Patch 2.3 Leveling Changes”

1. Gemma on October 9th, 2007 1:34 am

/cheer!

60 Quests seems a HUGE amount though?

2. Foton on October 9th, 2007 3:25 am

It does. Dunno if that’s 60 new quests for either faction or 30 for alliance and 30 for horde. And I sure don’t remember the 30s being sparce for exp — STV was pretty juicy in its day. The 40s, oh ya, but not the 30s.

3. Laura on October 9th, 2007 2:58 pm

I’m frightened at the thought of new players leveled fast with little skill at playing.

However, I like what it means for levelling my alts.

4. Balerion on October 13th, 2007 3:33 pm

This is good news, but I agree that 60 quests seems a lot. I have a mage in the early 40’s and I can say with recent experience that the 40’s seems a lot more sparse quest-wise than the 30’s. Who knows…

5. Zolika on October 30th, 2007 5:03 am

more noobs 2 kill LOL

6. karazhan raider on November 6th, 2007 6:31 am

i agree with 60 may be alot,but it is good for lvl 20’s-30’s who dont like to lvl alone because its so boring,ihave been there before..and realy,if your good at your character and build lvl 40’s can go to that ice place i cant remember because im 70 so…

7. HolyBoss on November 9th, 2007 2:52 pm

Level 30-32 is really sparse on quests, but from 33-40 you have Stranglethorn, Arathi, Southshore, Desolace. It’s nice that we will get 60 new quests all in one place, when my alt hits 30, I’m heading over to Dustwallow. I wonder what the rep will be? Darnassus, might be a great way to get exalted for the Cat Mount.

8. Sakuranyu on November 10th, 2007 3:35 am

(Quote: HolyBoss – “I wonder what the rep will be?”)

Seeings that they are gonna be SWC quests its most likely gonna be Reputation for Mudsprocket.

9. pally4hire on November 13th, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow this woulda been great but I’m 60 already so meh. But more blues = more money!

10. Grimmjow on November 14th, 2007 7:40 am

Just grinded the WHOLE of 59-60 last night and to say i think they need more quests in the 55-60 zone.
    I kinda ran out of quests in winterspring lol.

11. Holyboss on November 14th, 2007 8:37 am

To Grimmjow,

After winterspring you’re suppose to go to Silithus and also Eastern Plaguelands. Also run through Stratholme and Scholomance for several quests at both of them.

12. Pulley on November 15th, 2007 5:34 am

or you could go to outland at 58 :P

13. Josh on April 30th, 2008 6:48 am

I’m sure the people who say new people have no skill

Or more noobs to kill, are really bad themselves lol, or they need to see sunlight lol fucking addicts…