This is a Vanguard: SoH Fan Site (really)

June 10, 2005 by at 6:19 pm • Filed Under Guild Wars Journal
Tags: , , ,

Look what I found, cleverly buried in one of the NPC speeches in Guild Wars!

Product Placement

Obviously, that’s bought-and-paid-for product placement for the (maybe someday) Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. See how sneaky they were in hiding the S O H??

Man, this is how the hype starts: subliminal advertising — next thing we know, we’re preordering and using character calculators to map out our skills. DAMN THOSE MARKETING DEPARTMENTS!

Or, it could just be a coincidence.

Comments

7 Responses to “This is a Vanguard: SoH Fan Site (really)”

1. Berk on June 10th, 2005 7:04 pm

Or it could be because thats the name of the group charged with defending Ascalon?

2. Anon on June 10th, 2005 7:37 pm

Oh Foton! I like to post comments before actually reading what you said too! (I just want to fit in.) 🙁

3. drypulse on June 13th, 2005 11:10 am

geez berk… to quote a genius “jokes, i get those.”

4. Cabbage on June 14th, 2005 5:22 am

Wow! Good find, foton! You are one evil genious.

5. PlaysWithStrangers on January 11th, 2007 11:54 pm

O my god I never saw it before. I played guild wars for months and I pre-ordered Vangaurd without a second thought. They’re in my head fuck what am I going to do… Oh wait I bought it because I’m addicted to EQ sorry Berk must be right.

6. Biz on February 12th, 2007 3:09 pm

Err… You do realize that “vanguard” is a common word to used to point out the foremost division or the front part of an army ? =) And that GuildWars was made years before Vanguard SoH :cough: ?

7. Vanguard SOH Rocks on February 14th, 2007 9:18 am

Well Biz, I’m glad you brought that up, you see Vanguard SOH is the front line…er..that comes in after the other..er frontliners…and leads the way to..er..Did you know you get a mount at level 10!!??